Saturday 25 November 2017

taunting the reaper


I know you guys have seen this one, from my archives, before, but it's what I need to post to get started on this theme--a very important theme for me. (I absolutely LOVE it. =smile=) New ones are coming.

Robed figure from a painting by Hieronymus Bosch. Head of figure from a sculpture by François Rude. Snake from Albertus Seba's Das Naturalienkabinett. Four images on left from Death Scenes: A Homicide Detective's Scrapbook. (They are of actual dead people.)

2 comments:

  1. For a moment I thought this one was from Lynn or Sabine;))
    Isn't that book of Seba great, I have it too in my collection and I love all the rest of the images too!
    Very strong composition here, love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I'm not going to get this image out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete