Friday 27 February 2015

When I'm in the Middle of a Dream, Please Don't Wake Me, No Don't Shake Me...


I recently acquired a vintage book that included an image of a girl on a telephone with a perched parakeet and I knew I wanted to use them in my next collage.

The woman in the bubble is from a famous photograph by Melvin Sokolsky entitled "Bois de Boulogne", 1963. A postcard of this photo has been hanging on my art studio wall for nearly 17 years.  It was time to use it.

The background is the Grand Canyon.

2 comments:

  1. Well I would like to dream your dream Angie, I love the parakeet on the wire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dream seems to be enjoyable and delightful, so I can understand that you would not be woken up! I like the combination of the girl with her parakeet and the the woman in the bubble!

    ReplyDelete