Sunday 12 August 2012

How Long Will It Last?



This was a really fun theme!  I had so many pages to choose from rummaging through my boxes of magazines.  I wanted to do something in my usual style of juxtaposing just two images but I also wanted to incorporate copy.  I used a May 1967 issue of The Architectural Forum to find two advertisements - one for Carrier Air Conditioning posing the question "How Long Will it Last?" and on the reverse was an ad for LIGHTOLIER overhead lighting.  I liked the relationship of shapes in both ads and the words I chose seemed right for the resulting image!

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! The ads you used were probably ones I would have simply overlooked. This is going to make me look at the ads differently from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viv. I appreciate your feedback and am glad I inspired you. :<)

      Delete
  2. I love the relationship between the different pyramids & parallelograms, etc. Your eye is terrific, Angie! I agree with Viv (and thank her!) that this theme is making me perceive magazine pages in new ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fi. I appreciate your compliment and Vivienne certainly is making us look at magazine pages with a more discerning eye!

      Delete
  3. Nice one. How long will the pyramids last, perhaps? I agree a great theme. Gave new life to the piles of publications on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like all the jutting angles you worked into it, great job, CC.

    ReplyDelete