Sunday 6 May 2012

Bluebird at Sunset


I purchased several antique architectural plates from an antique shop years ago and rediscovered them recently.  Perfect for this challenge.  Each window had 12 panes and I started cutting them out very carefully but alas the strips dividing each pane started getting cut out as well!  The painting of the sunset is from a circa 1943 magazine ad.  I am sorry I did not note the name of the artist before I glued it behind the plate.  The blue bird is from a thrift store find - an unused memory journal.

3 comments:

  1. Very intriguing, CC, really like the effect of the architectural plate with "outside" color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! I love the combination of elements here, stark architecture, colorful background and the bird!

    ReplyDelete