Saturday 21 January 2012

Now You Can Have Art


This collage was really hard for me to make until I just let it make itself. 

I had to start with some structure so I used a print of 'Carnac' 1965 an abstract painting by British artist Ben Nicholson (1894-1982) as my background and then I found a print of 'Oriental Poppies' a painting by Georgia O'Keeffe (1887-1986) and cut/tore.  The torn floating bits of floral paper are from a band that wrapped a gift of stationery.  The paisley paper and letters were found on my art table and I worked them in with the words from a vintage ad found in a 1960s hair style magazine. 

I've never made such an abstract collage before.  Thanks for the great challenge Fi!

8 comments:

  1. I give this one an "A" plus - and "R" and "T".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...Angie, it's so much fun to look at! And so pleasing, too, with the crossing diagonals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. My own abstract/text collage is made, but I don't have access to a scanner until tomorrow...I hope...=crossing fingers=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has a yummy look to it (candy corn colors?) and the text is marvelously versatile...I prefer to believe that "now I can have...a RAT!" Great job!

    ReplyDelete