Saturday 30 November 2013

everybody is strange


I love these leftover scraps themes: I could do them for weeks on end before I used up all my scraps. If you could see how totally inundated my work table is with rejects from previous projects, you'd wonder how I ever get anything done. The background, for example, is one I considered using for one of the Andy Warhol's costume party collages: it's a fabric pattern titled "Deconstructed Knit, 2010" designed by Brittany Keats Cerullo. The two-headed African deer is by good ol' Albertus Seba. The hands are from a book on the archives of the National Library of Medicine. The two people are from an old postcard a friend gave me. With blue acrylic paint.

8 comments:

  1. Mighty fine, Miss Fi! (More two-headed deer, please...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pattern in the back - reminds me a bit of Hundertwasser. Well done, Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent image (isn't it funny how scraps can form a cohesive whole?) and love your title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much going on here, I've revisited this piece several times, Fi - really like you choice of background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the great comments, y'all!

    ReplyDelete