Thursday 26 July 2012

theme of the week: FIRE

Last in the series of classical elements is fire--which, once again, you can interpret literally or metaphorically. Fire is heat and flames and burning fuel, of course--also the sun. Fire is traditionally associated with the qualities of energy, assertiveness, and passion. Some more of the metaphorical meanings of fire are discussed here and here.

Thanks for humoring me during this exploration of the four elements. =smile= Next month, our themes will be hosted by the illustrious Vivienne Strauss.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing the honours for the last four weeks Fi. Glad to hear you have lined up Viv for the next month when I might be otherwise diverted by getting married and going away on our honeymoon. Hopefully I'll be able to pop back now and again to add something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michael!!! I like the idea of being "illustrious" ! thank you Fi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both - much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading the KollageKit Blog for a few months now, and have been inspired and energized by the wonderful collages, interpretations of themes, and fabulous lough-out-loud humor. Now I'd like to know if surreptitious spies like me can participate in the fun--by posting on KollageKit. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SEnd us a link to your work Marilyn and maybe you can join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here I am. But I don't get how one adds a picture. Can you add one for me, from my Flickr photostream - Flaming Mamie would be good, or mf (mezzo forte) for this week's theme....

    ReplyDelete