Tuesday 14 February 2012

fish is all you need


The National Enquirer reported:

Bashful bachelor gal Andrea Lyons longed to say "I do" and settle down, but every guy she took a liking to left her high and dry--so dingbat Andrea married a man-eating shark.

As 40 flabbergasted guests looked on, the elated lady tied the knot with her pet shark Archie in a seaside ceremony at her home in Sydney, Australia.

"Everyone says Archie is dangerous and that some day he's going to eat me alive, but compared to the guys I've met lately, he's an absolute angel," the blushing bride gushed to reporters.

"He's gentle and he kisses nice and he doesn't leave his dirty underwear lying all over my house. As far as I'm concerned he's a helluva catch."

...and so on. The caption for the photo reads "Happy bride Andrea Lyons gives her new hubby a big wet kiss."

5 comments:

  1. Truth IS stranger than fiction! Well done Fi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! By the way, I want y'all to know that I had all those fish neatly arranged so that you could read "all you need is LOVE" on each of the four sides, but when I put the collage down on my scanner, they just swam around all willy-nilly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good initial thought words reading "all you need is LOVE"...but you know squirmy fishy fish!

      Delete
  3. Fancy that. I have heard of a man marrying a goat but a woman a shark? In Sydney of all places? Very nice work Fi!

    ReplyDelete